Creativity is the prescription for the relief of the stress of everyday life.

Jul 15, 2012

Scalloped Circle Punched Flowers

This week at our meeting, I experimented with scallop circle punched flowers. I used the 2 1/4" EK Scalloped Circle punch. (the largest we have). After making a cut every two scallops toward the center, you end up with heart shaped petals which you fold in half. I layered two flowers, one solid color and one patterned paper and anchored them together with a brad. Later I decided I wanted a larger center so I punched a small circle to glue there. If I had larger circle brads I think I would have left them in the center. These two cards were finished with those flowers, EK 3 Way Butterfy Punch, the Cuttlebug "Leafy Branch" embossing folder and leafy branches cut with my Silhouette Die Cut Machine. I love the overall effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment